Monday 5 March 2018

Working in Wood!

Hello Peeps  

Do you have helpers in the Craftroom?
I have recently acquired one - 


"You put the paper in here Mum and then spray it right here!
Wait for me to gt out first OK? Oh, what is this doing in here -I will just remove it!"


I'm a Big Shot with a Bigshot!

When Mr Weasley is not helping me with spraying and painting, he is stealing my bits and bobs and running away with them or sitting on the keyboard or the printer supervising. Every job seems to take twice as long!

I had to use a box to spray stuff this week - and this is why......

The challenge over at Unstampabelles is to 

Decorate Something Wooden!
There is also a prize kindly donated by Dale!


Mmmmmm

What exactly does all that mean?


I have a wooden spatula - can I decorate that? 
I have lots of wooden embellies - can I use them?
What about wooden buttons?
Can I use a twig from a tree?
What about an old box that needs rejuvenating?
Perhaps I can build a box or frame or similar from scratch?

The answer to all these questions is YES

Goody - I have a sentiment - from Kaiser


First I painted it white and then I added all sorts of stuff but the last layer was two different colours of Starlight Metalic Paint from Imagination Crafts - Aqua and Chestnut




The TWIST is the use paint

Does the paint have to go on the wood?
Do I have to use paint on everything?
Will I necessarily have to use a paintbrush?

The answer to these questions is NO

Great! I used my fingers and an earbud!


Some pretty DP from SU (old stock) and a Dark Room Door image, fussy cut, Gold pen and some stencils and black ink, some packaging card and a frame that started out quite ornate but got cut down to fit the tag!


Ribbon, flowers (Prima) and butterfly stickers to complete it!


The tag was cut out of an old manila folder. 

There you have it - a wooden piece (and some paint) used to make a tag for a birthday present!

Why not go over to Unstampbelles and see what else is there and then enter the challenge!
Double Dare YOU!


2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ah, how cute and fun is your kitten! :D All my cats (I have six) really LOVE destroy boxes LOL ;) They haven't access to my craft room, except the oldest one female, that is red and white color. She also love control any little snippet, tool or work I am working on... she's a great helper LOL
Fabulous tag, love the wooden sentiment and the vintage image! It looks so sweet with these colors and the embellishments!

Anonymous said...

Mr Weasley looks like he would be a great distraction!
Lovely tag.