Monday 23 October 2017

Final October post for Unstampabelles Challenge #73

Tic Tac Toe 
TWIST journal about the decision making process

     RIBBON


                LACE


            STRING


   BUTTONS


              BLING

            BRADS

   FLOWERS


           DIE-CUTS

          STICKERS


There is also a random number prize on offer:

I got stuck of the Ribbon-Lace-String line and made a card with those three things on it for the challenge. I saw something similar on Pinterest so had a go at making my take on it:


I have a number of dies and punches for hearts - this was a SU die - and I tore a page from a Mills and Boon I have especially for this sort of thing, and glued the thin paper to piece of big double sided tape (Stacy tape?)

I then sort-of pleated the lace around the edge of the heart and used lots of small bits of double sided tape to keep them in place (the sticky back of the heart also helped)


I used Helga glue to position the string around the edge


Then I got some papers from my huge box of co-ordinating papers that I thought would suit the colour of the page paper and layered it, distressing the edges and adding a bit of TH ink as well


The sentiment is die cut from a piece of scrap and the ribbon is SU ribbon wrapped around yet another piece of scrap


I also tried to make a flower with some more lace and ended up gluing the paper flower over it - I did think of adding several more buttons and making it ribbon-buttons-flowers but I couldn't find any with that aqua colour and didn't think of colouring them myself at the time!! duh


I lifted up the second heart so it hovered over the first  using dimensionals 

I could add some aqua bling too (lace-bling-diecuts) I guess but I was done!

Still in Spring here so we go from 30 to 18 within 24 hours, but there has been a few showers so the garden is happy! The photo I am sharing is of a Pelican - we often have them here all through the year now, and thy always make me say "whose beak can hold more than his belly can!" whenever I see one - one of those Dad sayings that seem to stick for ever......love his blue feet!


Pelican Pete on Duty at Binalong Bay boat ramp thanks to Ranee Lloyd from Formerly Known As Vintage.

www.instagram.com/ranee.lloyd 

https://formerlyknownasvintage.com/


2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable shabby project! Love the pleated lace and the string all around the paper hearts, they look so delicate and sweet! Thanks for sharing the idea and the tutorial! Great choice of colors, too!
That pelican with his blue feet looks just stunning!

Anonymous said...

A great card. I kept a few pages from an old phone book for this type of thing - should find them and remember to use them! To much stash and not enough time and yet I keep adding to it.