Saturday 22 April 2017

Dragonflies and Hilde

She is doing it again! 

Our wonderful leader over at Crafting with Dragonflies LOVES her Dragonflies - both the DT AND the real thing! So she has asked us to create a card with one (or more) on it for this current challenge.


This one is Scottish - you can hear it saying Oich Eye!

Mine is Australian I think


I used a piece of the DS papers from Stampin' Up called Inside the Lines, which came free during Sale-A-Bration. I chose the one with a dragonfly of course.


I coloured in the DSP using my Copics and mounted it onto some Real Red card


The orange stamens are sparkly but difficult to see

(a tip: to remove the yellow powder from these stamens off clothes, don't brush at it - grab some sticky tape and wrap it around your fingers and sort-of mop up the little pieces. No staining)


This sentiment seems like Hilde to me - she has a loving family and she is always looking after them as well as her DT.


Mounted onto a square white card blank, this can go through the post with ease. 

Enjoy your week 

Make sure you make a card using a Dragonfly image somewhere 
and enter it in our current challenge at 


You can find dragonflies around the Day of Fires area in N E Tasmania


Another beautiful autumn morning at the Bay of Fires

pic: www.instagram.com/jennicole15



4 comments:

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card Susan, blessings Hilde

Anonymous said...

A great card Susan. I have this paper perhaps I should use it!

Wynn said...

Love your post and your card. The sentiment is lovely too. Wynn xx

Wynn said...

Beautiful card as usual Susan. I love the photo of the Bay of Fires ...looks like my sort of beach....quiet and deserted and very pretty. Hugs Wynn xxx