Saturday 28 January 2017

Crafting with Dragonflies are first cab off the rank!

Over at Crafting with Dragonflies, Hilde has asked us to make a Valentines Day card ready for the beginning of February. I had just purchased a new magazine with a new freebie - including an embossing folder and some cute stamps. So off I went!


Before showing the results, I want to show you another gorgeous photo of my lovely state:

Image may contain: 1 person, sky, cloud, plant, outdoor and nature

A tranquil summer scene from Europe, perhaps? Not quite! This is the Callington Mill and its spectacular gardens in the Tasmanian Midlands town of Oatlands. Built in 1837 by John Vincent, a free settler from Cornwall and one of Oatlands' publicans, it's one of many remarkable sandstone buildings in the town. Oatlands is one of Tasmania's oldest settlements and with more than 150 sandstone buildings it has the largest collection of any town in Australia.com. Its intact Georgian townscape, mostly convict-built in the early 1800s, offers a complete representation of the architecture, urban design and the cultural heritage of early European settlement in Australia.



A wonderful place to visit. 

On to my card

I had made a heart and wet embossed it with some UTEE and sparkly glitter, then covered it with a clear embossing powder and while still hot, stamped into it with another small heart stamp. 


Love the sparkle. 
i wanted to use this, so I added it to my bits and pieces. The panda's are stamped and coloured, and then fussy-cut. The embossed heart was then replaced back into the Big Shot and a heart cut from it's centre to show the white card beneath.


The sentiment is stamped and added as shown


I got a bit carried away colouring my panda's in different colours as they are supposed to be a boy and a girl - should have made them the same. 


I could have turned this into a shaker card, but wanted my sparkly heart to shine, so left it 

Please put your Valentine's Day card into the first challenge for 2017 over at 


Now, just a quick explanation on the fact that I have not been on the web blogging for quite a while - as mentioned in the last post for 2016, husband went into hospital over Christmas with a very bad case of cellulitis in his lower left leg, and once he was allowed out of hospital we have been constantly trecking between medial appointments to have this dressed, go to other appointments and such, as I had to be the chauffeur. I lost my ability to think let alone create! Then I had to also complete my Uni Projects - last one has been done although I still have an essay to write by the end of next week. I am now not so sleep deprived or stressed, husband is recovering and my creating space has been given a good clean!



1 comment:

Wynn said...

What an awful time you've had Susan and poor hubby. Good job you were able to ferry him around. Big big hugs and please take care of yourself too. Love your sparkley heart. You always use some interesting techniques.....I know you just love getting messy😍 xxxx