Monday 21 November 2016

Midway through November - still Resisting at Unstampabelles

#63 Resistance at Unstampabelles!


Yes, another Christmas card

Before that - sometimes I see a photograph taken in my home state and don't even recognise the place. This has become one I must see for myself now - so beautiful

A stunning capture of Mt Paris Dam thanks to Craig J Doumouras who says:
“People do not take magical photos. A magical photo is a gift. In this photo, a cloud covered the sun, shading the area where I was, but was still shining brightly on the other side of the dam wall. It only lasted seconds, and I was fortunate to have been right there.”
www.instagram.com/juddbaileys


Now, remember when I was playing with the powder inks a few weeks ago? 
I ended up with several extra pieces of watercolour paper used to wipe up the overflow from the first distress card I made and I used one of them today for this card.


I laid a stencil over it and taped it into place, and began sponging carefully some black TH Distress ink through it - my stencil became the resistance. 


This is what the sheet then looked like - I did spray it with some gold mist after that as well


Another shot of the outcome


I added a die cut and this is what I got!


Very dramatic


You too can do a resist technique - just look it up at Pinterest and substitute stencils for hand drawing for stamps and your work will fit the current challenge at Unstampabelles.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great card.
You are correct it is good to challenge and push to learn new things.