Saturday 15 October 2016

#68: Lets Go Floral for Crafting with Dragonflies

Crafting with Dragonflies have a new challenge starting this week, and it is all about flowers! We all stamp them, and roll them, and fussy cut them,and even stencil them - so let us see your work.

Here is a real flower to begin with!


A Camelia from my garden last week when the sun was shining!

Another flower - this one taken up on top of Mt Wellington this afternoon
An alpine flower of some kind - the wildflowers are out all over the mountain, and there is even a bit of snow from yesterday still hanging around right on the top - the combination was too good to miss


My flowers on my card this week are hand stamped and fussy cut - but not natives.
I think they are Dahlias?

I inked the stamps and them rolled the edges in a darker ink for a two tone effect.
My stamp set is  a freebie set that came with a magazine last month - Floral Blooms


The inks are all Stampin' Up


The background stamp is also an SU stamp and the card is all from SU too!


A bit of bling and a mount to help the illusion.


Two toned leaves......


After I finished this one I used the stencil that came with the free stamp set and some white texture paste. I smooched some ink onto my glass plate and mixed it into the paste (SU inks) - 3 different colours, two for the flower and one for the stem and leaves. I carefully pushed the pasted into the stencil, and scraped off the residue, starting with the lighter colour in the middle and adding the darker colour at the edges of the bloom. Repeat technique with stem and leaves - peel off stencil carefully and sprinkle with fine glitter; let dry.


I had enough paste and ink for two attempts


Now to make them up into cards when they are dry!

OK - off the Crafting with Dragonflies to see what the rest of the team have come up with!

No comments: