Monday 19 September 2016

Spring is here and so is the rain.....

but it is a 'soft day' as the Irish say, so not too damaging with wild wind and storms for the Spring Gardens. 


I took this shot of one of the camelia trees in bloom the other day in the sunshine. I also picked some for inside but the heads just fell off them within a few days. Not sure why that happens as they had lots of water and were not in direct sun and they do make a nice show while they last. There are cream freshias growing wild all over the garden too and it smells beautiful late afternoon. They last much better in a vase.


My card today for Unstampabelles is all about Spring, when birds begin to mate and nest.....I love seeing them creating their nests out of whatever materials they can find. There are several in the camelias and in the big tree just outside my workshop window, and I see them flying in and out.....



I got inspired for this from a card I saw on Pinterest. Not sure whose it was, so if it is yours, thanks for the inspiration! Mine is not the same of course, but pretty similar. The bird is an SU punch. 


The nest is made of string pieces rolled around in my fingers with glue, and then some 'twigs' but from scrap papers I had coloured up for another thing - I might tell about that one day but it was a dismal failure - and the green leaves were from the same project.


Die cut hearts and I put the brown one through the crimper.


The edge is a Martha Stewart edge punch - I got some when the dollar was in parity with the US - quite a while ago!


Insides it says 'Congratulations on your new home' and there is another leaf.


The front of the card is cut short, the strip added and then the image extended beyond the border as well. Some bling for the eye and to finish off under the nest.


Hope you like it and perhaps it will inspire you to go to our challenge at 
Unstampabelles, and enter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fab card. Loads of bits in there.