Saturday 6 August 2016

Be Humorous was the challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies this time

Those who know me know I cannot go too far away from a good pun. I saw this one on a card in the village of Richmond, visiting there with a good friend. We had a lovely day out - eating, shopping talking, shopping, talking, eating.....you get the gist.



I came home and started to make this card but again got waylaid by visitors and family - lovely to see them all, but of course it made me late again for Crafting with Dragonflies!

But....here it finally is.....
My take on the commercial card I saw


We have a mutual friend who has just moved house, so it will be ideal for her!


Privet hedge sticks and gold wire but I am afraid I am not good at winding the wire around neatly.


My house is from a stamp step by Waltzing Mouse, coloured with Copics and fussy cut out, and mounted on dimensionals.


There is a double layer on the porch

Some 'grass' to cover up the sticking of the sticks to the card

I was going to use the computer to generate the sentiments, but just ran out of time
So - handwritten!


Hope you enjoy the visual pun and am inspired to go over to Hilde's new post at 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the addition of real sticks! Great pun. Hope your friend's move went well. Bet this gave her a chuckle.