Tuesday 31 May 2016

Eclectic Ellapu has a new June Challenge for the Purple Team - Weddings!

Do you know about Eclectic Ellapu? Elaine,the boss lady has two teams - pink and purple - and each one has a different theme, although occasionally we all play together. This month the team I am in (purple) has a theme of

WEDDINGS!
(It is June, after all)



I know, it's winter here - but winter weddings can be pretty spectacular as well

I had planned to do an extravagant multi-media thing, but you know what has been happening in my life lately, so I decided to do something a bit simpler and make a card (boring, I know)



I went to Pinterest for inspiration, and ended up combining several - about three actually - ideas into one card - sounds simple, right? Wrong of course - once I began to construct this I discovered it was not as easily as I had envisaged (of course) and it took me quite a time to get all the bits together. In saying that, it was quite fun to do so that is the main thing!


I started with a heart die cut out of some pretty embossed white card; and some doilies
It took me about 30 minutes to get the skirts even remotely right -suffice to say this is my version of the one I saw. Ribbon sash, pearls and some bling finished off the dress.


The tuxedo was quite easy to make and I took it slowly and thought before I made each piece so it worked out quite well. Even the little black ribbon bow tie (recycled clothing ribbon) worked as I wanted it to - amazing!


The base card is from SU of course - craft with glitterly silver stripes on one side and red triangles/hearts on the other


A flower - sparkly - and another bit of bling


Inside I had another swathe of bling, and stamped a sentiment from Suite of Sayings


The dress is very frou-frou of course - not at all the kind I would wear myself


It was hard to photograph as it would not sit nicely but you get the idea
It will fold flat for posting


So, let me and the other teamies at Eclectic Ellapu - Purple Team see your wedding card. You have a month to create!

I am entering this in the Bizzy Bec's June Challenge: anything goes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another stunning card. All the elements for a big wedding dress. I'm a bit like you - mine was rather plain - there was lace and bling though! :)

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Susan this is not a boring card - it is stunning so stop putting it down or I will come over and slap your wrists lol xx

Judy McKay said...

Susan - your card is beautiful. Love the design. I am so luck to have joined a team of such talented artists. Judy