Monday 28 September 2015

Final week for September Challenge 50: Unstampabelles

Challenge 50: Unstampabelles

Boys will be Boys

The twist is to say what you thinks makes a good male card

I made two cards because I didn't really like the first one and ended up  not liking either. 
Oh well.......


It started Ok with embossing a piece of SU card and then using some yellow string and SU DP paper scraps to make some flags and a banner.  I have a small banner punch but didn't remember until I had finished making this! Consequently these are made by hand.


Well, the sentiment says it all on this one - had a go at the blackboard/chalk thing that is popular at the moment an hand wrote my sentiment.


I added the sequins to try and lift it and give it some sparkle.
Perhaps the flags should be allowed to flop over the blackboard? 

I was working with geometric shapes and strong lines and then being a bit messy while still keeping it simple as....

The second card started because I was showing someone how to diecut and diecut out this new Disire die in a scrap of green card - I put some black behind it to make the HB sentiment stand out. It grew from there.......


I had also purchase this new die (oh, alright, I purchased two packs -8 dies - off eBay because I couldn't find them at Paperific. They are from Memory box and I love them) and I had decided to test them out on a distressed style card. This was a practice cut on some orange card floating around....


I added the two things together.
I saw a card that used a flag with washi tape under it and so added that to the mix.....


Dirtied it up with ink and some pen marks and then added the enamel dots

I had to stop because it was getting more disastrous each step I took......not sure what will save it. Any suggestions?

The aim was keeping it simple, strong geometric shapes and a bit dirty/distressed

If you haven't entered this challenge yet, why not?
This is the random prize.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind either of your cards. I think you are being a little to critical of your own efforts. The flags in the first card could hang over the blackboard - it would be great either way.
As for the second card I would leave it just the way it is - I love the geometric die in the corner and what a great way to add colour with the washi tape. Great Ebay purchases.