Wednesday 1 April 2015

April Showers

The current April challenge at Eclectic Ellapu is April Showers, which set me singing, but I couldn't remember the words so had to google them! Faint memories of singing this in the car on long trips with Mum and Dad...........


APRIL SHOWERS From the Broadway musical "Bombo" (1921)  sung by Al Jolson

 Life is not a highway strewn with flowers 
Still it holds a goodly share of bliss 
When the sun gives way to April showers 
Here is the point you should never miss 
Though April showers may come your way 
They bring the flowers that bloom in May 
So if it's raining, have no regrets 
Because it isn't raining rain, you know (It's raining violets) 
And where you see clouds upon the hills 
You soon will see crowds of daffodils 
So keep on looking for a blue bird 
And list'ning for his song 
Whenever April showers come along 
And where you see clouds upon the hills 
You soon will see crowds of daffodils 
So keep on looking for a blue bird 
And list'ning for his song 
Whenever April showers come along

EXCEPT
In Tassie, it's Autumn!



so, my card for the challenge is in Autumnal colours!


I used two sheets from the new Stampin'Up patterned vellum, one is just dashes and the other was of leaves (vines) down a page. I took the later and on the reverse side I colored the leaves with my Copics in Autumn colours. I then went to the former one and cut away where the umbrella was going to be (on the dash sheet only), and  also created two white clouds: I had an idea that if I glued them together then the dashes would come through like rain and that the clouds would show through as well - they do, but not very well! Bummer! So I took to the top sheet with a fine black pen and redid the dashes to create rain.  


I attached this to a white card base, and then took my orange Copic and created a border.  My image and sentiment are from Annabelle Stamps and the umbrella is a MFT die. If I had followed directions properly my umbrella spines would show more clearly! Obviously the image is colored with Copics as well, and the sentiment.


I was trying to create the idea that she is in the bush in the rain and being protected by the umbrella

I personally quite like autumn and winter - but then again, I like spring and summer too!

You have a month to enter the challenge for the Purple Team at 

Eclectic Ellapu - April Showers







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely card. Love the layering of vellum even if you needed to touch up. I need to show this little lady some ink she hasn't had any for a while. Have a fab Easter and hope the little bunny pays you a visit.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Your card is so much fun and loving the autumnal tones - just perfect and I love the end product sweetie xx

Merry said...

That is so very clever Susan using the two vellum pieces together. What a fantastic card.