Sunday 8 March 2015

Bubbles wrap it up!

Just learnt a new tip for die cutting.............from FB would you believe! I was scrolling through various conversations in a group I belong to of Australian and NZ Cardmakers, and someone was complaining about dies that don't cut properly. I had never really experienced it myself until just after Christmas, when a very expensive set of Spellbinder's curves gave me grief.


Some lovely woman in the group said she had just two words for us - bubble wrap! Sure, I scoffed to myself - that would work (not!)

Today, when sorting out stuff to go in the bin I came across one of the various attempts I had made to use these dies, and decided to give it a go and see for myself. 

it did flatten the bubble wrap bubbles

This is the result!

Sandwich the base plate, the card, the die, the bubble wrap, the top plate and put onto the magnetic plate of the Big Shot. Wind through - I wound it through twice, but it really only needed once!


I made this card - using the base I made for another card, but made it too small, so had to make another one, leaving this one floating on the desk!


I used Kaiser - Art is Life papers


The 8 x 8 pad has various diecuts in the back and I used three of these for the card. The lacy cut card has a subtle shimmer on it - cannot see it in photo. 

So, I pass it on to you all - bubble wrap in the die cut machine if it is not cutting cleanly  - works a real treat!

3 comments:

Ina G said...

Thanks for the great tip Susan.
Goes to show you don't throw anything out - it will get used eventually. Lovely detailed die cut and made for a ever so pretty card. Love the fold you used too.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Thanks for the tip.

Merry said...

Wow, who would have guessed. Thanks for passing on the tip. I shall be giving that a try. Lovely card, such a wonderful die...glad you got it working.