Saturday 17 January 2015

Playing with some new stuff from SU - that arrived before Christmas!

Well, I don't know what has happened to Summer, but we are in a pattern or rain, sun, wind. cold - not necessarily in that order and often all at the same time! Bbbbrrrrr....

So took me to the workshop and crafted!
Played with inks and colouring in mostly......CASed most of  'em too!

WARNING: lots of photos 


Everything is Stampin' Up unless mentioned as not, when is it just mostly from my stash
This set is called Love is Kindness and I have used the newish SU alcohol ink pens to colour this one. Images stamped with Momento inks unless I say otherwise.
Primary colours are Raspberry Ripple and Old Olive.

Up-close of the image - see how the wrapper seems almost three dimensional?


Button and hemp ribbon

This one is from a set called A Happy Thing


Vintage style and various diecuts and sequins
Again coloured with the alcohol pens


Not as much control as the Copics give you but they are fine for quick work


Die cuts and sequins!


The lemons are from the same set - well, there is one lemon, and I masked to create three


Left a white streak for light


Old punch and some buttons from the stash
Colours are Hello Honey and Old Olive

Turned to the SU markers for a contrast - and a watercolour feel for this one


Background is stamped using Pumkin Pie  ink on Tangelo Twist.
Stamped with StayzOn ink onto watercolour card for bird image

Splattered with a paint brush 

Should have masked bird before splattering!

This one used the ink pads direct onto my Silicon sheet, sprayed with water mist and then my big brush from watercolour painting kit used to layer three colours into the card.

With the ink left I remisted and laid a piece of white card onto it, and swiped up the remaining ink to create a background sheet to use at another time - looks good too!



Stamped with Momento ink over the colours. A technique suitable for those who are not sure of their colouring skills or just for a slightly different look.
The tag top is punched out and the ribbon and button added - the whole tag is sitting up off the page, and could become a gift bookmark or tag to pass on.


I could have used Momento Navy for a sharper outline.
My background paper is just various washi tapes with a small gap between them


So, my time was not wasted I think - I enjoyed this little experiment with colour ways!
Hope you do too

I cannot enter these in anything 'cause I mostly CASed them from other very clever crafters.

3 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Goodness so many lovely cards Susan. Love the distressing and those Tulips are lovely!
I think perhaps the boss and I should move to Tassie.....it's been hot and humid here for way too long. We might get some much needed rain next week :)

Merry said...

Oh you have put all those images and colours to great use. I had a Stampin Up get together last Wednesday with my friend Ruth. It is great having seen these images and how you have used them....especially that little bird. Too cute.

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity for playing with new stuff. Great techniques. The bird is great both alcohol and water coloured. I love the lemons too.
Hope the weather becomes more summer like soon - I am sitting here with a jacket on - that's Melbourne though we expect that!