Monday 23 June 2014

Unstampabelles Challenge #36 Mixed Media Final Week

Hi, just popping in with a bit more inspiration for anyone who needs it for our current challenge over at Unstampabelles - Mixed Media; with a TWIST to alter something!


I altered another photo frame that I got from the Tip Shop. It was lilac. A very insipid colour  - lilac.  So, I painted it with white Gesso

Forgot to photograph it beforehand but you might see the colour here, on the back, that it was before I painted it! It is about  approx 6 x3 inches or 15 x 7.5 cm and has a pane of glass with it inside the frame.


I painted it with Th Distress paint -it looks green here but I assure you it was Salty Ocean blue! I painted it with Distress Crackle - Antique Linen (that's why it looks green) and then when dry rubbed it all over with Blue Denim Distress ink to show the crackle. It worked very well! I dried it with the heat gun and this made it happen quickly but bubbled the crackle paint a little in places. I was too impatient to wait!


I added some rub-ons (Kaiser) to a piece of SU Cream card for inside the first window for a bit of interest; and a vellum saying for the second, also attached to cream card; and the third window has a small image from Megs Garden of one of her ladies. 


On the outside, I added a few flowers and a string of  dark green pearls, and a saying in a metal frame I have had in the stash for quite a while now. For a long time I wouldn't use it because I liked it too much but I have got over that now!


It can be a bit of decor or you could add a photo of your own in the 3rd window as a special momento of someone special to you.  

So, what are you going to alter with some mixed media for this challenge?  Remember, NO STAMPS are to be used for this challenge, so it will need you to search your stash for rub-ons, or vellum sayings, or create your own from the computer - no digi's though........


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great frame. Love the idea that someone can pop a photo in or leave it as a work of art in its own right. Great job.

aussie aNNie said...

Love the frame Susan, it's a stunner and a work of art...have emailed you.xxx The Journey is the Start