Wednesday 5 March 2014

Crafting with Dragonflies Challenge #21 - Make a Shaped Card

Well, that is pretty specific you would have thought. Nothing else - make a shaped card.........



So, I started to make one, and got so engrossed in the image that I got from Milk Coffee, and then mounting it and using a background paper and adding embellishments and all that; and then photographing it, and playing with my image manipulation to reduce the size and enlarge and all that; and only when I went to include it in the DT's blog did I realise it had to be a SHAPED CARD, and mine was a square!
DUH!



We have two sponsors for this Challenge  

All Dressed Up
 

and 

Milk Coffee 
MilkCoffee Digi Stamps

Both have offered digi's to our winners - go to Crafting with Dragonflies for some more details and to see the cards the other girls in the team created - I am in awe - much better than mine, believe me!

I used an image from Milk Coffee as I said, and printed it out on XPress blending card and coloured it with my Copics - I really had trouble with her hair. I went back several times and worked on it with both the Copics and the Prisma pencils before I was happy enough to leave it - still not right though! 



My shape (can you guess?) is a large scalloped circle, hand cut as I only have a Big Shot and so cannot cut beyond that size. This was hand-drawn and then fussy cut from black Bazzil card. The image is mounted firstly with SU Melon Mambo, and then with sparkly black card.  I doodled around the edges with a fine black pen. Then I doodled with a white gel pen around the outside. 



The sentiment is from MFT Think Big set and stamped in SU Melon Mambo. I fussy-cut a mount in a scrap of SUMM and I added some Annabelle sprinkles. I looked at it again and then added a pink gauze flower with three small leaves. Enough!



I will make a confession - I have made and remade this card several times and rephotographed it and put the correct photo up CWD's blog - and totally forgot to redo my scheduled blog with the new photographs!

So, if you have been here before and it didn't look like it does now - that's why!!

Why not go over the crafting with Dragonflies and see what the DT has come up with - fabulous work - and then have a go yourself to create a shaped card. 

I will enter this in the following challenges:

Just Inspirational:       use the image as inspiration

MIM: Anything Goes
My Craft Creations: Anything Goes



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on fixing your shaped card. Great card for a girl.

Ina G said...

Would never have known if you didn't tell us. Turned out just right in the end. Love that you used the black to go with the piano and your image is beautifully coloured.

happyglitzygirl said...

Love the shape, and the final outcome of this card is gorgeous, blessings Hilde

Wynn said...

It's a great card and what fun you've had making it. That's what it's all about after all. I love it. Hugs Wynn xx

Chrissy said...

It's a great shaped card and gorgeous image Susan..you may have gone the long way around getting there but well worth it.
Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna said...

Milk Coffee has lovely designs and you colored her beautifully! Spotted this on MIM. Donna

TRACEY MO said...

What a gorguss card , love the colours & layout you have used.

Thanks for joining us at JI today
Tracey dt

sian said...

what a great shaped card, lovely colouring. Thanks for playing along with JIC this week, from Sian (DT Co-owner)

Unknown said...

This is adorable! I love the black shaped card behind the rectangle. And that pink flower is gorgeous! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Just Inspirational Challenges. Holly H, DT

JenniferD said...

Great Card and an Awesome fix up! Great colouring on your Image. Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean!

Kathys Kards said...

Lovely card, thank you for entering the MCC challenge and good luck...Kathy x