Monday 24 February 2014

Last Chance to Get Dirty for Challenge #32 at Unstampabelles

Time is running out if you were thinking of entering into the challenge at Unstampabelles, where we dare you to 

Get Dirty!

TWIST: take photos and document this event!

I have made this to hopefully show you another way to get a bit dirty crafting.

I took photo's but then discarded them before I remembered I wanted them! So you will have to take my word for it that I did mask off areas directly on my card, a piece of folded SU Whisper White - this card is very CAS. It has one layer and several small embellies. I started off by using post-it notes to divide up my card and then to sponge in some SU inks into the various areas. Worked fairly well until I moved one or the notes accidentally and then I smudged another area and then had trouble working out how many shapes to create........anyway, when I finished this I decided to doodle around each shape to hide these faults!

Actually, I forgot I embossed some shapes into my masked off areas first, by using Versamark ink and a sponge with a mask - I did some circles and embossed them with white EP and then some hearts with a sparkly red EP. Then I sponged in the colours..........I decided also to use other masks to sponge on a bit of TH Black Soot Distress Ink - some gears and some small black lines.  I added some doodling around each block of colour and in some of the white space. 


MFT sent me a gift last time I ordered with them - and it was a wonderful die of four small doilies; you will be seeing lost of them I imagine on my work. There are two on here - one cut in half. I die cut the green one from some scrap SU Pistachio Pudding and one from scrap SU black card. The sentiment is a sticker. I added the small red heart to match the ones on the bottom right. 


The black doily is not supposed to be there - it is supposed to follow the rule of thirds and be up and slightly to the left. However, I dropped a sticky piece of paper onto the card and had to use the doily to hide the fact that the paper was slightly torn when lifting it off. Bummer!So, its messy and I got very dirty - and so did my mood but I decided it would be OK and then my daughter saw it and really liked it so I guess its not that bad! Actually it has grown on me over the last few days!

So, there is a fabulous prize of $40 worth of Stickers for the winner - at the moment you have a one-in-five chance of winning it! Go to Unstampabelles and have a look and then have a go!





 

No comments: