Wednesday 22 January 2014

Challenge#18 - Crafting with Dragonflies

Hi Peeps

Firstly, yes I have changed my blog picture.  This is Marion Bay, on the East Coast of Tasmania. The Tasman Peninsular in the background and Bream Creek farming community in the foreground. This is quite like the view I grew up with - from my bedroom window each day - as our farm was not far from where this picture was taken. Love it!

On with the Dragonflies Challenge#18

We know everyone loves these challenges as it makes life easy BUT you still have to make a CARD for this new Challenge #18 at Crafting with Dragonflies - Anything Goes!

There are no sponsors images for us as a team to follow - we could do what we felt like - and I felt like making more cards using the images I mentioned from this post for Unstampabelles. The Graphic 45 blog site had some lovely inspiration on it so I borrowed a few ideas and using my own papers and embellishments, set to work. 


So pretty


I used a die cut from Memory Box I think to cut the stamp shape - I have misplaced the storage bag for this now and don't know where I got it from - the bird is a wooden one from Kaiser. It has been stained with Antique Linen TH  Distress ink, as have most of the edges of the papers.


Blue ribbon from the stash and a small key charm - the key to the Secret Garden door! 


Layers and layers of papers - such a good idea from the Graphic 45 blog! As was the idea of rolling the corners - I really like that. 


Bird by Kaiser and some bling and more layers


Yummy!
I will enter this in the following:

Just Inspirational:  Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Bow Dies - yep and yep!

 Bearly-Mine colour inspiration

Our Daily Bread:  The colours and the shape in the dresser doors; layers and things behind thing....these were the inspiration

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card.
What a stunning view. Thanks.

kel Acopan said...

what a beautiful picture... how serene it looks! and your card is just gorgeous... i love all the layers!

lovies, =o) kel

happyglitzygirl said...

Gorgeous card, love what you did with the Graphics 45. Wonderful set of cards and this one is my favourite, blessings Hilde

CG said...

Gorgeous! I love Graphic 45, and this is beyond stunning. Love your whole set of cards & tags. Best, CG

SD pooja said...

Yeah..Its so pretty ! Loved the layers ,paper and whole layout of card !

Merry said...

Really nice work Susan….wonderful details on your card like the rolled corners. What a lovely area you grew up in ….so relaxing.

Ina G said...

What a beautiful view Susan - thank you for sharing.
So love your card and every little detail. Beautiful paper and beautifully made.
Gee did I mention beautiful hehe

Unknown said...

Love the card , super layers and such papers. Hugs txx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Susan, what a gorgeous card! I love Graphic 45 paper, and I love your layout and the beautiful frame atop the tag with the key and ribbon! And the curled paper in the right is a wonderful touch! It's a great inspiration challenge for this week! So glad you've joined us for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!

Linda Carson said...

Very pretty indeed! Love the layers, the dies and embellishments! Great take on the photo inspiration! Thanks for Shining the Light with us this week at ODBD!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What gorgeous paper, Susan!! I just love your added bird, the frame and your embellishing. It is a perfect take on the inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us at ODBD!!

Wynn said...

Your blog is aptly named 'Time to play ' as you've certainly been having fun playing with the programme. It's a great card and I love the turned over corners....clever idea. Hugs Wynn xx

Tracey Manderson said...

Lovely card, beautiful paper. Thanks for joining us at Bearly mine, good luck and hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Tracey