Wednesday 9 October 2013

Kitty Lane Posting Number 3

Well, I have been a bit delayed in getting some more of the Kitty Lane Stamps posted - I took a few days off and had a reading fest - but am now back on track! I used my Kindle and re-read some old favorites - probably should have been painting!

Today I have two stamps to show you, both coloured with Copics -  this one has a sailing kangaroo, which is very appropriate for my hubby and I as we met during the America's Cup when Australia won for the first time; and NZ nearly won it again just recently, but the American boat was crewed by mostly Australians!


This is Kitty's very cute image - Kangaroo Sailing. Love his hat!


The sentiment I chose is from LOTV (Set 64) and is stamped in Memento Paris Dusk and I used this to smudge around the piece of DP (nope, no idea where this came from - it is a piece of scrap!)


The charm is glued on and I chopped off the small circle on the top of the lighthouse. I did the same with the small wheel charm



I tried to let the image dominate the card. It is all put onto a piece of SU Night of Navy card, folded. 

The second card is a Retirement one and the image I used is called Island Holiday.  You could use it to make a male card for a birthday or similar, or for a Farewell for some-one travelling. 


This sentiment is an old SU one, and was one of the first I ever purchased. Momento Paris Dusk ink onto a scrap of white which was then swiped with ink on a sponge to take the starkness from it. This is mounted on SU TT and some of the yellow used for the Congrats sentiment. 


He is such a klutz! Love him. I rough cut around the image and mounted it onto a bit of scrap SU Tempting Turquoise, and the DP is also from SU and comes with the set attached to the This and That Notebook/album. I used a scrap piece of an embossed card (very old) and attached the DP and then the image, and finally creating a banner using a piece of scrap card, and folding it so that it sits up off the page. All this was then added to a commercial blank white card. 




I added some bling from Annabel Stamps. 


Hope you like it - hubby is waiting for me to cook the fish for dinner, so I will attach some challenges later!

I will enter these in the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps: Anything Goes
Divas by Design: Three or more Layers
Handmade Harbour: Men and Boys
Lady Anne's Challenges: Anything Goes
The Male Room: Transport or Travel
Crafty Sentiments Design: Anything Goes


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards and images. Really like the guy sitting on the beach. TFS.

KarinsArtScrap said...

great cards susan.

greetings karin

Wendy said...

Oh, the Kindle is just too convenient at times, isn't it? I must admit I do love mine. I also love your cards - I particularly like the image on the retirement one! They're both fab though. Thanks for taking part in Handmade Harbour's challenge this week x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Two fab cards, love your colouring! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments - good luck, Susan x

Blossom Cards said...

I love your cards thanks for sharing with handmade harbour this week
Rachel DT

Kylie said...

I love your Australian kangaroo. I was very young when Australia won the America's Cup but I still remember watching it on TV. The sentiment is awesome too - so true! Your image on your second card is a cracker!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Merry said...

That background on the first card is just perfect. And that second image is too fun.

Deepti Stephens said...

Both cards are lovely and I absolutely love the image on the second card. Thank you so much for joining in the fun at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

Laura Love said...

These are both really neat cards! You did a wonderful job! Thank you so much for playing along this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

Mirella said...

Great cards. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week! Hugz, Mirella xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is beautiful
Thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments
Hugs Kelly

Aunty Sue said...

Fab Card And Image. Thanks For Sharing At Divas This Week

Louise van Vuren said...

Two fantastic cards for out Transport/travel theme challenge at The Male Room. Love the sentiment on your sailing kangaroo card. Both cards beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing along

Louise xx

Louise van Vuren said...

Two fantastic cards for out Transport/travel theme challenge at The Male Room. Love the sentiment on your sailing kangaroo card. Both cards beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing along

Louise xx

Louise van Vuren said...

Two fantastic cards for out Transport/travel theme challenge at The Male Room. Love the sentiment on your sailing kangaroo card. Both cards beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing along

Louise xx