Wednesday 4 September 2013

Mini Album for Crafting with Dragonflies

Hello Peeps: hope this lovely Spring weather is making you all happy and not too sneezy!

This fortnight, the team at Crafting with Dragonflies is asking you to really stretch your crafting jeans genes and make a mini album!

Challenge No: 10 (can you believe that!) - Make a Mini Album

Now, don't panic, it does not need to be a big, full blown album - it could be a paperbag album, an envelope album.....in fact, if you just Google mini albums tutorial you get lots of YouTube and other tutorials to look at for a start.

Our sponsors this fortnight are 


and

My Digi Store

Eureka Stamps offered me two digi's for my album, and so as I was looking through their stack of images I found firstly a lion with lots of love going on around him, and then another sleek beast laying on his side and being a Leo, a light went off in my head and I thought "I can do something about ME ('cause that's what us lions do, think about ourselves a bit!)!!!"

I do have a few friends who share my birthday space, and so I grudgingly thought I could also spare them a few pages too in my album, and make it about LEO'S! We end up taking photo's at various birthdays but they never see the light of day and sit on the memory stick. I usually take photos, so there are not that many of me and what there is is not really that flattering, and is usually being taken by a grandchild or hubby - he is expert at cutting off heads in photos!

So, 


The front cover - images coloured with Copics


Both covers

I am a bit of a magpie, and when I see cheap mini albums at fairs and so on, I have a tendency to bring them home and add them to my stash. So, when Hilde said mini album, I went looking and found this one. I think I have had it for at least five years!! It is pretty much just two covers of chipboard, and some leaves inside of cream paper, and all have been hole punched three times to create a way of joining them. I had some album rings, so used three of them, and just tied ribbon bits to them to match the colours. 


I used a 6 x 6 paper stack from my stash  to cover the covers, and in-between making this and posting I have cleaned up my working area and re-organised my stash.  Now, I don't know where I got the papers from! I have looked through the stash as it is at the moment too and cannot locate it. so much for being more organised!


I glued the papers with a glue stick to the covers, and then sanded off any extra bits around the edges, and for the ring holes. I fussy cut the images and mounted them onto some SU Wild Wasabi card, die cut from various dies. I used the same card to create bushes and branches and grasses; I added a small yellow circle for the sun and a little chipboard bird.

Then I started to think of the inside pages - I didn't have a lot of suitable images, so went to the computer and did an image search for Leo's and collected a few images, printed them off on SU Whisper White and but them from the card. 


This is inside the front cover and the first page


This is inside the back cover and the last page - there are only two or three photographs in the album as yet.


Some of the pages through the book


Ditto


Ditto


So, this is my mini album. Where's yours? Make it about your cat, your kid, your house, your car your job, your area, your.....................whatever! Just make it! When you have completed it, enter it at CWD: you have 14 days.....................GO!!!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great little book.

Ina G said...

Lovely album with all that you added to it. The cover is fabulous so too the ribbons attached. So nice and fresh with the colours you chose.

happyglitzygirl said...

Fantastic Album, so you, great details and how wonderful it fits all together, very clever, blessings Hilde

judith@poppy cottage said...

Love your bright and colourful album Susan, the fresh greens outside are really offset by the lovely oranges and yellows and the jungle clours inside. It's a great theme, and lovely to include your Leo friends as well. Hugs Judith xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous mini album you have made Susan.

greetings karin

~ Barb said...

I hope you learned a valuable lesson about reorganizing, lol. And it is beautiful hot Fall/Harvest weather here and I'm sneezing. Darn seasonal allergies. What a great idea to make your album about you and your friends with Leo birthdays! You are absolutely right that those pictures just sit around. Love the colors you've used too, those greens work so well with your regal lions.
{Hugs} Barb

Merry said...

Great work Susan, that lion is fantastic.

Unknown said...

Wonderful album, love all the leo/lion embellishments hugs txx