Tuesday 30 July 2013

CASED cards and other things!

Hi there

I have had a bit of a break from my DT duties with two of my team blogs for the Northern summer holidays, so I have been able to have a play.

I am a terrible buyer of card making magazines and buy lots! (My husband thinks I buy too many craft things full stop lol!) These mags get read over a coffee and then placed on the floor of the craft room under one of my tables/desks. Over the last few months this pile has grown to rather enormous proportions.  Normally they sit there for a few weeks and then I get time to re-read them, cut them up and discard those sections I don't want and paste the inspirational stuff (for me -we all have our own tastes) and the potential challenges along with templates or instructions on how to for a technique or idea..........into a scrapbook.  I now have four of these and do find it a great way to get my mojo flowing when I need an idea.

But, as said the pile has grown large. So, I tackled it over the weekend and reduced it to a much smaller pile of torn and cut up paper, which is yet to be pasted in. However, I did extract from this smaller pile a few (OK, about 10) photo's of cards or ideas that I would like to try straight away, and yesterday afternoon I made five cards! Most of these are straight CASEd cards - the original producer of this card may recognise their genius, and I thank them for their inspiration. However, I have not named these as I don't have the names of the creators any more - its all cut up and thrown away!


A bit edgy - I coloured a small white tag with my highlighter; sentiment is from a new SU set called Really Good Greetings and they are! Paper is Cosmo Cricket -DeLovely; tag is commercial; ink is SU Mambo Melon. Button is Basic Gray Lauderdale Stitched Brads


This one just sang to me - isn't it pretty! And the bonus is that you use up some of those paper flowers you have, Susan!  I got to use the Perfect Pearls dots too but not that well.  My sentiment is hand done. The original one was all white on the pale blue background but I added the touch of pink. I got some Whitewash Co'Ordination card in pale blue and drew a heart onto it using one of my SU Heart dies. Then it was a matter of laying the flowers on to fit the shape, and then added some SU pearls. The tie is a piece of cord off  a tag on a new piece of furniture. All this is layered onto a card blank.


Another slightly more edgy one - this time I gaily went to the stamp collection (MFT) to get the old typewriter stamp and then realised it was too big for what I wanted to do, so I thought I would get a digi, but then just went to the images on Google and go a manual typewriter - reduced it in size and printed it off onto some card and fussy cut it out. Another commercial tag, a small peg from stash as is the heart slide; some washi tape; a piece of ledger paper from the stash aged with TH Antique Linen ink and die cut with a Die-namics die to get the holes along the top! I used an SU edge punch for the border and the sentiment came from a MFT set called My Type. 


On a roll, I thought, and so had a go at one that was even more edgier. Didn't work for me though - mailnly because I am an idiot. A piece of card from the stash (unknown) folded into a card. Wasi tape holds the image - firstly I used a mask to sponge on ink into the rectangle onto SU Whisper White; the stamped with Memento Black onto the re with a stamp that is a freebie from Artistic Stamper. Now, you may notice that the male figure looks a little blocky - I thought oh well, that's a bit disappointing as the female one is so crisp, and went on with the rest of the card.  There are rub-ons for the sentiment and a small punched heart. It wasn't until several hours later whilst tidying up that I discovered that I had the male stamp around the wrong way on the stamp block! Duh! apart from silly behaviour, this card was very quick! 


Then I made this one - it is an original, not CASEd. 

I used one of the free digi's Hilde is giving away on her challenge blog Crafting with Dragonflies where I am on the DT. The sentiment is from SU's new one Pursuit of Happiness


Sunflowers coloured up with Copics and the SU Marine Mist blue card is embossed with the clouds. I have used a punch for the sentiment and mounted it and the blue on some SU Daffodil Delight.  The card is a commercial blank. There is some Atya Spiker pen on the flowers too but it is a bit difficult to see it in the late afternoon light. Can you see the small ladybird? 




I will enter this one in the following challenges:

365 Cards: two colours/tones - mine are yellow and blue
Card Mania: Summer blooms
Make it Monday: Anything goes
Outlawz: must have sentiment/Summer flowers






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards Susan.
I too collect mags and not just those with cards. I must stay away from the newsagent. I keep the whole mag so I have had to take up 3 double overhead cupboards in the laundry! Just as well I don't have much cleaning stuff! Your hubby sounds a bit like mine - mine thinks I have too much stuff too.

Ani said...

Lovely cards! I particularly love the white one :) Thank you so much for playing along at Card Mania! Good luck! Ani

lalkygirl said...

You have been busy ,love your set of cards ,all so different and varied.
I too collect mags and hoards of craft stuff ,half of which is yet to be used ....my Other half has the patience of a saint with me and my crafting mania....
Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
tracey x

kenli said...

A beautiful cards! Lovely colours and designs. Thanks for joining us at
Card Mania Challenges.

Mila said...

Great card ! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges!
Hugs, Mila