Wednesday 15 May 2013

Mothers Day and Dragonflies



Welcome to our second challenge with


around the theme of 
Mothers

In this challenge we want to see scrapbook layouts - no cards!

To make this more enticing our lovely sponsor Bugaboo is offering seven (7) of their digi images of your choice as the prize!



We had a great challenge last time and It was so pleasing to see people join in the fun.  Just one thing though,  if you enter please follow the rules- no backlinking, and you project must follow the theme.

 I have not scrapped for a long time, and when last was doing it I was trying to scrap travel albums. So, this was a bit of a challenge for me as well! I chose to scrap a photo of my husband and his step-mother on the occasion of her 99th birthday on Christmas Eve 2012. She is sitting on her favourite chair in her unit at The Lodge, where she was in assisted living. We only got to see her about twice a year but spoke at least every week if not more on the phone and I tended to occasionally write to her as well, as she loved getting a letter!

As I write this, Marj has passed away. She died peacefully on Saturday evening in her 99th year as her kidneys finally gave up and her heart. We miss her greatly already.


Sorry about the photography - I am not use to photographing layouts! 


This photo was printed off on my printer and is not a commercial print. I used a Twiddlybits chipboard frame, and the papers are from Stampin' Up. Some scraps of lace and red trim, some stickers and some mounting in SU card were used from my stash.

,

The chipboard LOVE comes from Typo as does the heart, and the sentiment is from Bugaboo, coloured up with Copics and Distress inks.  The stepmother sentiment is from WMS. 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely layout. Thanks for sharing at such a hard time.

~ Barb said...

What a beautiful memory page, I just love the pops of red. And what a pretty chipboard frame for your picture of your husband and MIL. Great to see a picture of him too, will be thinking of you,
{Hugs} Barb

Ina G said...

What a simply lovely page you created Susan. The framing of your photo is really beautiful. Hugs