Tuesday 2 April 2013

Happy Birthday Catherine

It was our daughter's birthday yesterday and we had a lovely family gathering at home, with a roast and some cupcakes! This is her card.


It's an easel card and the papers are all SU (and card) and the sentiments stamps are (circle) LOTV (best birthday) Stamp-It.  The main image is a Penny Black and I have had it for a long time. She is of course coloured with Copics (onto Very Vanilla card so I had to be careful the ink didn't run).  Ribbon from stash and the bling is Kaiser. Ink used is TH Distress - Red Brick.

I took this in a hurry as she was walking in the door as I was taking the photo - so no time for a second one or a sideways look!It was a busy morning - up early to make gluten-free cup cakes; over to the Radio station to prepare and read on air the morning newspapers; home to organise the roast lamb and roast vegies; made the icing and iced the cupcakes;  and put out nibbles. I have a very supportive hubby who put the oven on for me before I got home, did a last minute shop and set the table beautifully! When I got home he told me he was tired......... oh, yes, I had not wrapped the pressie (or card) so I found a small cardboard box and that had to do! What so they say about builder's houses????


Cupcakes and orange/pink icing - when you make butter icing, the food colouring does not come the colour you want - think paint theory! So yellow and red = orange,not pink!!! (Bye the way, the Keno pamphlet is not ours! It is now in the rubbish! We do a Tats lotto on Saturday's only and never seem to do anything but the occasional small win.  Mind you, our grandaughter won the thing as part of a syndicate from work last year!)

3 comments:

~ Barb said...

It sounds like you had a very busy day! I couldn't agree more about builder's houses, your daughter did well to get a handmade card, lol. Everything looks beautiful, hope she enjoyed her day.
{Hugs} Barb

Jenny said...

Gorgeous Susan. i bet she loved it! x

Anonymous said...

Another great card. A mum's job is never done! Sounds like you had a great day. Happy Birthday to your daughter.