Saturday 23 February 2013

What is a Nerd?

Well, its a lollipop - or lots of little lollipops! 







With the additional challenge of Glasses

Guest DT spots are able to be won each fortnight
and our sponsor this fortnight is: Annabelle Stamps *

$10 Voucher (thanks to Andrea).

Prize will only be offered if 7 or more entries partake in the challenge.


I personally have never tried this particular lollipop, so don't know much about the taste but I do recognise the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory illusion. Loved that book and the little grandies love the DVD.

I started by thinking of all the various Nerds I knew or knew about and came to the conclusion that without Nerds, many of the luxuries in my life would not exist! Then as a retired teacher of secondary students I am aware that many Nerds were subjected to bullying and scorn from their more 'trendy' peers! The fact that most Nerds are earning much more and living a much better life than their contemporaries gives me some slight satisfaction now!

It started with me getting messy with Distress inks of various ilks, masking and a bit of trial and error work.  Then I laid down the first coat of colour, and polished it off. I drew around it with a black pen - used some new masks to get a busy sort of background going, and then stamped a few things. The sentiment is from SU and the main image is a foam stamp from La Blanche.  It is actually quite sharp.  


I then just layered up with a Tim Holtz die cut, some bling, butterflies and the conversation die cut on which I wrote the only formula that has stayed in my brain!  Hope its correct! There is a connection with the butterfly (flight) and the plane (flight) - nearly added a balloon too but couldn't find one that matched the colours! The glasses are doll glasses (or for teddy bears) and have been in the stash for a loooooonnnnnngggg time (at least three years)!


So, my card reflects all that cogitation: the background is distress ink (trying to reflect the colours of the packet) with some masking and some stamping, before adding various items. Steampunk style! Why don't you have a go at this challenge?  Use the colours, or the shapes or the idea or all three!

I will enter this in the following challenges:
Oldie but a Goodie: Bright colours - and my oldie is the glasses!
Challenges4Everybody: always anything goes

2 comments:

Janice said...

A brilliant and creative card. Einstein would love it! Great use of bright colours. Thanks for sharing it with us at an OBAG, Jx

Helen said...

Fabulous card - love all those bright colours!
Thanks for playing at Oldie but a Goodie!
Helen x