Wednesday 13 February 2013

Butterfly Wishes



I have just agreed to be part of a new Design Team - Gingerloft  - a digital stamp group.  I want to know more about this side of crafting and how to use it, and Tami was kind enough to invite me to join her DT.  Watch out for my first challenge!



Meanwhile I have gained a Guest spot on the DT for Love to Create for this month as well, and am happily planning my task for that one.  I also have one more exciting thing to share - but not just yet!

I have another card to share anyway - made it from a card pack (one of two I got from Bizzy Bec's last year!) which I thought would challenge me to use them as you get 4 small papers (double sided) and some embellies and ribbon and a couple of die cuts. I find myself trying to use everything at once - if I did the card would weigh a tonne and look rubbish! This means I have stuff left over for another card or two.  I think this is a good thing........In the meantime, I think I will just gather some items from my stash every now and then and challenge myself to use them in the same way.  The funny thing was, as I worked on this card, I began to add die cuts from my own stuff and embellies and reorganise what I had - it was an interesting experience.


Taken in full sunlight


Up close in sunlight


Taken in shade.

The white flower die cut was in the kit, as was the background DP,  the strip of paper cut from the DP and reversed, the flowers (but not those stamens) the ticket, the doily and the small red bling bits - the squares and the butterfly.  The rest was mine - the fence, the red border behind the fence, the big butterfly, the backing card and card blank, the ink used around the edges of the DP (Distress Antique Linen and Tea Die).  The stamens that came with the kit were yellow but too big for these small red flowers, so I used ones I had already (Meg's Garden is a good place to get these things).

Hope you like it!

I will enter it in the following challenges:
Make it Monday: Anything Goes





5 comments:

Jenn Bedient said...

Wow. This is such a stunningly beautiful card. Love it! Visiting from MIM :) Hope you have a wonderful day!

Rene said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back soon!
Rene :D

Tammy said...

WOW Susan this is gorgeous!! Beautiful design and embellishments! Popped over from MIM!
Tammy x

Penny said...

This is such a beautiful garden scene! Love the pretty paper, the wonderful die cuts, that lovely butterfly, and all you flowers. Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Michelle said...

Beautiful project!
I saw it on the Make it Monday blog and I am glad that I did! Have a great day!