Tuesday 20 September 2011

Pretty in Pink

I was playing around practising colouring with my Copics, and masking the image before spraying the background using my Copic air gun.  I love this little stamp from Lili of the Valley, and used that as the image but it was VERY fiddly to cut the mask out and as I had four images to cover, by the time I got to my last two, the mask was tearing and not fitting as well. I used XPress Mask-It and if anyone had any advice on how to use it so it doesn't tear - glad to hear from you!

Anyway, this card used the first image so the masking is pretty good, and the spraying is not too bad - it wanted an ethereal look, so didn't go for a smooth background colour. I have a book of challenges so used that to inspire the direction of the card I made with one image.

Delightful Sketches #Girly Girl
My Favourite Things #37 - Sketch
Stamp Fairy - #Glitter  (Ed - apparently you have to use one of their images so withdrawn)


The card stock is all SU - Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose - and the DP is from Cosmo Crickets DeLovely Mini Deck.  The flowers are Prima and the stamps are from Lili of the Valley. There is glitter on the wings, hair, wand and dress of the little girl and she is coloured with Copic pens. the sentiment is stamped in Melon mambo and the pearl stick is from my stash, while the little Kaiser pearls were white but I coloured them with the Copics as well. The lace strip is SU.

2 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

How very pretty this card is Susan! Such a sweet image and these colours are fabulous!

sallysbitz2 said...

This is one gorgeous card. You have coloured the image perfectly x
Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com