Wednesday 8 June 2011

Magical Birthday

My Lili of the Valley sentiment circle stamp set has lots of sentiments like this - so pretty. I cut it out with a Nestability circle die.

Today I am sharing a card made with a Sparkle stamp image, coloured with Copics and following a sketch challenge by Crop Stop.  This also has an extra challenge of embossing, and the frame is embossed.


The frame is die cut from metal (from Ten seconds Studio), using a Spellbinders Frameability.The ribbon is silk and the pearls are from Kaiser.  The ink was Memento Black. The background papers are from Echo Park - Dots and Stripes. I used a bit of Spica pen on the image as well to get a bit of sparkle on things. I fussy cut the image and layered up, using dimentionals. The base card is a piece of blue bazzil from the stash.

I spent the weekend in Melbourne at a Copic Project class and the Copic Intermediate Designer Training course, and have my certificate.  If you want me to take a class just get back to me asap!  Now I have to practice lots - what a shame! The weather is really cold, blustery and wet, so I am forced to stay inside. I am tucked up in the craft room with a heater and a never ending cup of coffee! Poor me.....

Two hours later.....
I then made another card with the same image (I coloured two at a time).  Here it is -


Can you see the sparkle?

5 comments:

CropStop said...

Your project is adorable and the coloring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us in the CropStop challenge.

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card! Love the embossing folder and contrasting colors. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

Veronica said...

I can see the sparkle and it is beautiful.
Thank you so much for playing along in our CropStop Challenge Blog!
Veronica

A Consuming Passion said...

What an adorable image.......just fabulous!

Agnieszka M said...

Great Card and beautiful colours!
Thanks for joinig at CropStop Challenge this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnes