Saturday 28 May 2011

One Layer Wednesday

This Challenge site  (One Layer Wednesday) used images from the Cake Wrecks blog to challenge us to create a card  - mine is not suitable for the challenge because it has too many layers, but I took a look at the site and found a cake by Poppy Belle's Cakery in pink, brown and cream with stripes and used the colour scheme with MOJO Monday's Challenge #192 sketch to make the card.  It took me all afternoon!!  I did clean up and put away a few new toys that had arrived earlier in the week and that I hadn't done anything with but drool over until then. One of these was a stamp set by "My Favourite Things" - called 'Enjoy the Ride'.  Another item was two new Magnolia stamps - they had such a pretty pink and cream striped paper backing them I couldn't throw it out. So, the card:


It took me a while to colour the image (watercolour using Inktense pencils), and then I angst over whether what was essentially a square could be cut out with the circle die, but I did it anyway. I backed that onto a scalloped circle in Pink Pirouette,  and layered that card behind the stripes as well,.  The brown is Early Expresso.  I knew I had a tag die that would suit but it took some locating, and I had already cut out about three others as I came across them (just in case) but none of them looked quite right. This one is Sixxix.  I thought I would go overboard on the Martha Stewart border punches.....and it all became bigger than Ben Hur! The whole thing is mounted onto a folder piece of Vanilla card.  I then added some pearls, ribbon and some white twine for the tag. The birthday sentiment is from Verve.

I am also entering this in Delightful Challenges - Tags. 

The photo below is of inside the card.



2 comments:

Tracy said...

Fun card Susan! Love all that pinkiness. :-) Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at The Kraft Journal!

Lisa Foster said...

Love your cute card! Awesome layers! I should be on my bicycle...LOL Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week!
Hugs,
Lisa