Tuesday 1 February 2011

The skater

They are so elegant and pure when you see them performing their stuff! This  one was picked up at a beautiful craft shop in Blackburn, Melbourne, just before Christmas.  I decided to enter Colour Throwdown's Challenge #126 - to use Early Expresso, Kiwi Kiss, Marina Mist and Old Olive in a card.  I am trying to use up my stash and not just use the newer stuff all the time, so I went through the huge stack of DP to find the one to use as my background - as I saw it, the memory of the skater flashed across the surface of my mind and I was able to grab the idea before it drifted off somewhere, and immediately knew how this card would be made.


I inked the sentiment die cuts with Marina Mist and Old Olive, and the skater with a Timber Brown ink.  I then lightly ran my Smooch inks over them in appropriate colours to give them some glamour! They do have a lovely sparkle.  The DP and the backing card have been inked with Kiwi Kiss as well, and the card is apiece of Old Olive cardstock, folded in two.  Inside I have used the brown ink for the sentiments. The DP and the die cuts made the card very easy. 

Stamps:  Shirely's2Girls - Out of this World
Paper and Card:   DP was a freebie from a Scrapbooking magazine; brown Bazzill scraps; SU Old Olive
Ink:  SU Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Marina Mist; Stay'sOn Timber Brown
Other:   Smooch - blue, green and Molasses; Annabelle's Sprinkles; Scrap FX Embellishments; dimentionals and double-sided tape.



This is inside the card

Many people have kindly commented on my work over the last few weeks, and when I go to their blogs and see their work I am so impressed with their work and so pleased that they took the time to comment on mine.  Many of them have been selected for recognition for their work (like Sue W (Tillymint) whose gallery at SCS has been selected this week to be in the spotlight - Congratulations Sue) so I was particularly pleased when the lovely people at Mad for Markers picked my work to comment on in a positive way. Thanks. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cool skater card! You picked the right papers, they really match with those circles! Have a great day, Ira

Jean said...

Great card - the circles are perfect with the skater.