Saturday 19 February 2011

MOJO Sketch #178

I used the MOJO #178 sketch this week to construct the first card, and also the colour combo from the ThereSheGoes Stamps Colour Challenge #94 - kraft, cream and pink.

I kept it simple and used the background embossed card to tell its own story. The stamps are from Verve and the circle from the Nellie Snellen frames.  SU's inks, ribbons and card in Melon Mambo.  I added the tiny pearls for balance but don't know where they came from.


As I needed some birthday cards I thought I would finally use this image whcih as been laying around for over a year.  I created it from a picture in a magazine, covered with packing tape and then immersed in water to softer the paper and transfer the image to the sticky back of the tape. The image is from a tourism advert for the East Coast of Tasmania, and the image of the land inside the bottle (it's wine country) appealed to me.  I backed this onto some puce card and then onto a commercial yellow blank.  The pearl flourish was laid over the top and the quote layered onto the bottom of the card.  Inside has another suitable quote:


The inside


Then I started to see what else I could remove from the pile of  "this might be useful sometime in the future" that has been gradually getting bigger and bigger on my desk.  I found two '$20 notes' which are in fact applications to enter some competition. They arrived in the paper or a magazine sometime last year.  I know I have a strange sense of humour so I don't know if others will see this as amusing or not - here it is and the inside sentiment, which is also computer generated.  (The candle image is taken from an old birthday card, and the text circle is made with scraps, the black back is from the pearl flourish used in the last card.  Waste not, want not!)


4 comments:

Monica said...

Lovely card... love the unusual colour combo...

xxx Monica

Monica said...

I read the post again and I think you are a plain genius... to use the picture from a magazine and do such a brilliant job with it... VERY impressive!

xxx Monica

Monica said...

Love the quote of the first card, as well. Sorry, I keep coming back because it is over 12 midnight here in Jakarta and I am a bit tiredd and I should really be hitting the sack but blogging is SO very addictive, you know.

Monica said...

The second card is brilliant as well...So cleverly recycled... I love everything about it. The image is so vibrant and it looks so striking against the black. Well done, indeed!

Have you heard of a site called GGCA - Going Green Crafters something, something... you should become a team member and submit this card there... they would love it, you know. If you get on to my blog page it should be there...

xxx Monica