Saturday 8 January 2011

Hi there.....

Another card for a challenge - or three - and this one is for Aud Sentiments (use two words only); and Delightful Challenges ( buttons!) using a Mojo Monday #172 sketch.


I do love dragons, and this dragon is such a cheeky chappy - he is a Digital Delight digi, and I have coloured him with Copics and then fussy cut him out.  I used a piece of card I had already put through a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and then a Nestabilities scalloped oval to layer him and then another different piece of card which had gone through a different Cuttlebug folder underneath this. The stamps used are from Verve and embossed with white EP.  The bottom sheet is the rest of the paper I printed off using a freebie from Kristin Bueter at Colour Throwdown and the whole is on a piece of SU card.  The inside uses more of the blue Bazzil from the front of the card, and is also embossed with white EP and used Verve stamps. 



Stamps: Verve -  Enjoy, Fabulous You, and Happy Birthday
Paper and Card:  SU Marina Mist; Whisper White (printed over with blue ink) and Cherry Cobbler; blue Bazzill
Ink: computer ink; Versamark
Other: buttons; white EP; dimentionals; copic pens



I made this as well -you can never have enough of these hanging around, I find, as people ask for them.  Just a simple one -some scrap black/blue card and a die cut rectangle from a shirt label, which has had the bottom removed and the corners rounded again, and was layered onto SU Taken with Teal, with a brad added and some ribbon scrap. The bird is a peel-off - I am trying to use up old stash and stuff I have on my desk(s) that I thought was too good to throw out but then didn't use. The whole is layered onto a card made with folder SU Taken with Teal.  The sentiment is an SU one (Warmest Regards, retired I think), stamped in silver EP and Versamark.


10 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

So the sweetest little dragon - such fun! The sympathy card is also lovely.

Unknown said...

Now this is a dragon I would like to meet any day, LOL! So darn cute! Looks like you had lots of fun coloring it! Have a great weekend, Ira

Sammi said...

Two gorgeous cards!

LOVE that dragon!!

Thanks for entering in our Mad for Markers Anything Goes challenge!

Sammi
xx

Cec said...

Great card with Augustus the Dragon, Love the layers. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges and don't forget to follow the instructions to enter your card a second time since you used a Digital Delights image.
Hugs!
Cec

Susan said...

What adorable cards!! Love that dragon! BTW, thanks so much for the blog award! I appreciate it!

Audrey said...

How adorable! I love that dragon. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Julie said...

Very cute dragon! thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
Hugs,
julie

Lynn's Place said...

Oh my goodness what an adorable fire breather LOL cute project...tfs

Vicki said...

Great card! Love the embossing choice with your cute dragon image. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

Gloria Stengel said...

Nice work! Thanks for playing along with the CropStop Hop.