Thursday 9 December 2010

Another birthday Girl

Granddaughter number 2 is 15 today - so the card was made in a mad scramble last night, as I am very behind with things. Haven't even got the Chrissy deco's up yet!

Here is the card:

 It actually looks better than this - taken too late last night!


A mixture of stamps and the greens don't look as if they are in the same ball park in this photo but I assure you they are! 


It is designed to hold a gift card in the middle and to slide out as you  open the card.  Our personal message is on the other side of the gift holder.  This girls loves music and is a fantastic singer. 

Stamps:  S2G's stamps - 705 Mazie Rocks; Inkadinkado - Tell it like it is!
Paper and Card:  SU Tempting Turquoise; DCWV _ Pocket full of Posies card; Co'Ordinations card
Ink: Smooch - green, blue, red and gold; Memento Tuxedo black
Other: Copic pens, die cuts; cuttle bug, Nestabilities Label 17; Prima flowers; bling; Sweeties brad


Been out to breakfast to hear Posie Graeme-Evans speak about her newest novel "The Dressmaker" and to talk about the making of  'McLeod's Daughters', which she directed. This was to raise funds for the Menzies Medical Research Centre. There were over 700 at the breakfast. Then took my eldest granddaughter out to lunch - just because I can.  Will see Miss Birthday Girl this afternoon, after school.

6 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Suan - what a fabby birthday card. I'm sure you granddaughter will love it.

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Susan

Just a quick note - drop by my blog - there's a little something there for you.

Regards, Deborah x

Edna Morrisedie said...

This card came together really nicely and the image is really cool, good work!

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Susan

I do hope you had a great Christmas.

Jean said...

Hi Susan - It's been a while so I've been scrolling through your blog catching up on all your more recent posts. Merry Christmas from Newfoundland. I too have an amaryllis, but mine is a bulb in a box that I plan on 'planting' when I go back to work next week. Think the little ones may enjoy watching it shoot up. Looks like you may be taking a break yourself as your latest post was a couple weeks ago. Enjoy!

Teresa Abajo said...

Love this idea Susan.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!