Wednesday 24 November 2010

Its Official

It was a friend's birthday last week but we are having a get-together tomorrow night, a regular 'girls night out' for the group, celebrating birthdays by bringing a card for the birthday girl(s) of that month. This girl is the usual organiser for our group but someone else has done this one - should be fun.  Anyway, here is my card for her - a tri-fold, which ends up giving you four surfaces to decorate, I discovered!  I used I Brake for Stamps to create this card, and ran out of inspiration - although it has a secret embedded in it, which only a few of us know about!




The inside of the card - I tried to emboss an oval into the card (did that OK) and then coloured it in using the Copics and my hand is not that steady, so the oval is a bit uneven.  It's raining hard outside so I took this second photo just inside Dh's workshop door, and the focus is not good, but you can see the two 'golden oldies' in all their glory. 




Anyway, I have a list of ingredients. 

Stamps:  I Brake for Stamps - Kiss the Chef and Sentiments and images from another Plate. 
Paper and Card: SU Elegant Eggplant; X-Press White card
Ink: SU Elegant Eggplant; Momento Tuxedo Black
Other: Copics; ribbon; dimentionals
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Oooh Susan I love these images........have to go check them out! Your card is a hoot ..........hope your friend enjoys it too!

Deborah Frings said...

This is a fun card!! I'm sure she'll love the card