Sunday 11 July 2010

Mercy, a bruised toe!

A few days ago I went to visit a neighbour and managed to slip on her step, and land with all my considerable weight onto the tip of my right big toe - thought it was broken there for a while, but several xrays later, it's not but it is bruised and swollen and a bit difficult to walk on! However, I have survived - a woose but alive.
This photo was taken three days later.

In the meantime, I have made another card for another two Challenges - a sketch and a colour challenge. 

The sketch is from Lord Have Mercy but I missed the time frame, and other is from the colorthrowdown #100 Challenge.


                                   


I used SU card and SU Baroque Motifs for the swirl, and SU Baja Breeze ink to stamp that.  I also used black Memento ink for the sentiment. This is a Verve stamp - Love. Add one flower and a Prima flower centre, and the Cuttlebug to emboss the green in Quickutz - Diamonds and Dots, cut out the shape with a Tim Holtz Alterations - Movers and Shapers and add some ribbon and pearls. I outlined the blue card with some faux stitches in white gel pen, and put the whole lot on a blank beige commercial card. I also used the Baja breeze to sponge onto the edges of the shape.

Off to put the toe up!


1 comment:

dj said...

what a lovely card...very nicely put together!! Thanks for playing along with this special 100th Color Throwdown Challenge!! Don't forget to "hop" around to all the blog stops and leave some love....the creators will love getting your comments and it increases you changes of being a winner!!! Oh....and hope your toe is feeling better soon!!