Sunday 23 August 2009

Spring is Springing............!

Spring seems to have arrived. The weather is getting warmer, and the bulbs are bulbing in the garden and blossom is blossoming. Many of my friends children are also having children lately! I have been to a number of baby showers and had to visit the 'baby shop' (a bit like an Alladin's Cave - all those goodies!) to purchase suitable gifts. I have been playing with my new American stamps too, and created a couple of baby cards for the new mothers. There certainly seems to have been a lot of activity around pre-Christmas last year, as many of these babies have been or are being born over the six/seven weeks from the middle of July to the end of August (so many Leo's) or early September.

Went to a dinner party on Friday night at a friend's house and discovered she had gathered three Leo's together (and their partners) for a combined celebration! Had a beautiful dinner and a yummy and spectacular cake that said "Happy Birthday Leo's"! Got to catch up with old friends as well. Thanks, Lari.

Made these two cards with papers taken from magazines (freebies) and such.
The stamp used is a Clear Art Stamps one I got from Shirleys2Girls and is called Stork Delivery (SG80); the card for both is SU card - Card one uses Garden Green, Ballet Blue and Barely Banana; Card two has Barely Banana, Garden Green and Tangerine Tango. Both images are coloured using SU markers after I stamped the images onto watercolour paper, using StazOn Black ink; the messages are from my stash of Joanne's Baby Stickers, purchased in Denver when I was there two years ago visiting family. (Joanne's is my idea of Heaven). The green ribbon on Card one is a piece of srap off a t-shirt.





No comments: